BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Knott Meant To Be

Back in October, Noah got an award at work where he got to pick out a gift of his choice. He choose a $100 gift card and, with the money, he bought us 3 tickets to Knott's Berry Farm. We first went to Knott's in Sept 2011, when Keira was just over 2 years old, and she LOVED it and we were looking forward to going back!

We made at least 3 attempts to go to Knott's during the fall, but each time we made plans, we had to cancel them because of sickness (Keira was sick pretty much non-stop from Oct thru Dec).

Finally, the day had come for us to make our family trip to Knott's! It was the morning of December 30th and the day before we had just driven 8 hours home from Davis after our epic Christmas trip! We were determined to make it to Knott's because our tickets expired the next day (and we had tried unsuccessfully to sell the tickets).

That morning, I woke up with some digestive trouble, but I mostly felt good, so we all continued with our plans and began the drive up to LA to go to Knott's. Unfortunately, as the morning went on, I continued to have tummy trouble and began to not feel well at all. We made it to Knott's and stopped at Mrs. Knott's Restaurant for breakfast. By this time, I was reaaaaaaaaally not feeling well and it was all I could do to sit through breakfast and drink water and make conversation. And I managed to snap a few pictures:

Chocolate chip pancakes!
Yum!






After breakfast, we made our way into Knott's.
I only lasted about 5 or 10 minutes before I had to make my way back to the car to lay down. I didn't quite make it to the car before I had to stop and throw up.  :(  Then, I spent the next couple of hours in the car, throwing up a few more times.

Back inside the park, Noah and Keira were doing their best to have fun, but even that was difficult because there were SO MANY PEOPLE there! During our first trip to Knott's, we were pleasantly surprised at how few people were there and so many of the kid rides did not have lines. This time, it was thoroughly disappointing to have to contend with the crowds. After being there for 4 or 5 hours, Keira only got to go on  4 or 5 rides and she did not get to see the Snoopy Christmas ice skating show because it was too jam-packed to get in.  :(

She did have fun on the rides she got to go on!






All in all, this trip was a big FAIL, unfortunately.
After we made the drive back home, I wound up going to the ER to get re-hydrated with IVs after my bout with the stomach flu.  :(


The next day was New Year's Eve and I spent it in bed recovering.
Thankfully, Noah took on full-time Daddy Duty and spent a fun-filled day with Keira!
They went on a hike in Canyon Hills and went to Lake Miramar to feed the ducks!

She loves to hike!



Time for a lunch break!



Sweet bonding time!





Hungry ducks!







Thanks, Daddy, for spending a fun day with me!!

0 comments: